Health Benefits of the power vegetable, Asparagus, are so high that if you are not eating it then you will only achieve mediocre success. Okay, there is no research to back that statement but what is known to be a fact is asparagus will make your pee STINK!
Here is why Asparagus gets an A+ for being a power food:
- High content of vitamin K and Folate
- Two major antioxidants — beta-carotene and vitmain C– are also abundant in asparagus. By neutralizing damaging particles in our bodies like smog and cigarette smoke, antioxidants are major contenders in the fight against heart disease, cancer, and cataracts.
- Naturally detoxifies the body
- Prevents the formation of kidney stones cleansing the body and detoxifying kidneys. Also helps to prevent urinary tract infection
- Makes sure your heart is in top condition
- Including Asparagus in everyday meals and snacks can help prevent cancer, heart disease and hypertension
- Asparagus helps prevent the formation of cancerous tumors since it has anti-cancer agents
- Helps to relieve menstrual cramps and also certain fertility problems
- Cleanses and strengthens gastrointestinal tract and colon
- Increases the success and recovery rate of chemo-therapy
- Treats arthritis, asthma, water retention, PMS due to the fact that it is considered to be a diuretic (anti-inflammatory)
- Asparagus helps to relieve diarrhea and constipation as it is considered a laxative
- Helps lower cholesterol significantly and also reduce high blood pressure
- Helps in production of milk for lactating mothers
- Slows down the aging process since it has anti-oxidants
- Asparagus can be used as an a aphrodisiac to enhance sexual activity
- Eating asparagus helps prevent the formation of scurvy and also relieves you of toothaches
- Asparagus helps to strengthen capillaries thus preventing painful varicose veins
It is also helpful for your eyes and prevents the formation of cataracts
- High content of folic acid makes sure that if you eat asparagus during the time you are conceiving, it helps prevent serious birth defects
To achieve your body’s full physical and mental potential, this is the vegetable for you! To remain healthy, I suggest having a serving once a day, you know, so that you can make it to the gym everyday and hang out with us cool guys!