Jersey Shore Mace was at Critical Mass
Jersey Shore Mace did some work here at Critical Mass this past weekend. This event was 2+ hours filled with information regarding the Mace and all it can be used for. The Mace is a tool once used for killing, but now we use for fitness. First being brought to light within social media, by ONNIT and then developed further by a crew of fitness professionals like Ken Potis, Leo Savage and Fred Mohr. Ken Potis started Mace training 3 years ago and took it to another level and developed a workout that actually burns more calories than the boot camps and other group classes here at the Jersey Shore. That’s why we incorporate this into our classes and is one of the featured tools used in the Lift. Swing. Flow. Fitness Challenge starting this January 5th 2020 here in Tinton Falls, New Jersey.
Getting fit and staying healthy is hard but if you surround yourself with motivating people and trust their methods, you will see results. This tool along with everything else offered is a great way to reach your goals. Trust the process. Know it will take some time, but you will have fun.
If you would like to learn more go here: Learn More
Jersey Shore Events
We have compiled a list of local events at the Jersey Shore to help keep you moving and motivated every month.
- 2nd Eatontown Rec 5k/1 Mile (Eatontown)
- 2nd Run in the Park (Holmdel Park)
- 7th Brielle Day Hill and Dale 10K Challenge (Brielle)
- 8th One More Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquathon (Asbury Park)
- 28th Beauty and the Beach 5K (Long Branch)
- 29th Jersey Shore Taco Trot (Wall Twp)
- 5th Stomp Out Child Abuse 5K/Kids Run (Lincroft)
- 6th Jersey Shore 1/2 Marathon (Sandy Hook)
- 6th Little Silver Classic 5K (Little Silver)
- 13th The Beer Run 5K (Wall Twp)
- 13th Valerie Fund 5K (Long Branch)
- 19th Tough Mudder 10K/5K (Raceway Park – Englishtown)
- 26th Tactical Strength Challenge (Critical Mass, Tinton Falls)
- 26th Jersey Shore Rescue Mission 5K
- 3rd FHEF Color Run 5K (Fair Haven)
- 10th Lt. Dennis Zilinski Memorial 3.5 Miles (Holmdel)
- 17th Fit to Fab 2 Mile (Tinton Falls)
- 30th Thanksgiving Throw Down USATF Sanctioned Shot Put Competition ( Critical Mass, Tinton Falls)
- 1st Navesink Challenge 15K/5K (Navesink)
- Santa Run TBD- (Asbury Park) Keep up with LINK: Asbury Park Santa Run
- 28th Asbury Park Polar Bear Races 5K/Kids Run (Asbury Park)
If you know of any other running races or events please contact us!
Athleta Complimentary Class
Critical Mass will be conducting a demo class at Athleta at The Grove at Shrewsbury this Saturday July 20th 8:00am-9:00am. If you would like to register to join us then please go to Athleta’s site here: Athleta Class Registration
Ballet with Gabriel Chajnik
Critical Mass member Gabriel Chajnik is a Master Instructor and Director of Choreography at the Axelrod Contemporary Ballet Theater. This is the second member with deep interests in Ballet. The other is Connor Meadrow who is a student at Rumson Fairhaven High School and trains here also. Gabriel made his way to our gym following trainer Scott Clayton. Keeping focus on health and fitness after a career of dance is a priority for Gabriel. In speaking with him, I found out a whole new world of Arts are right in my backyard. There are tons of shows happening through the winter and spring months of 2019. The Axelrod Contemporary Ballet Theater is located at 100 Grant Ave, Deal Park, New Jersey. I plan on attending and maybe you should too! The Nutcracker is next on their list.
AXCBT presents The Nutcracker ROCKS
Dec. 20th, 27th & 28th at 8 PM
Dec. 21st at 2 PM & 7 PM
Dec. 22nd & 29th at 2 PM
TICKETS: Regular Adult: $54, Regular Senior: $36, Students: $36
A holiday event for the whole family, The Nutcracker ROCKS is a mixture of high-power music and dance that will transport you to a land of brave toy soldiers and sweet sugar plum fairies. Based on Hoffman’s original story, choreographer Gabriel Chajnik translates the Victorian-era Nutcracker from the bustles and ruffles of the 1890s to contemporary times in this premiere from the Axelrod Contemporary Ballet Theater. Clara’s rocker Uncle Drosselmeier shakes things up when he shows up to a distinguished Manhattan holiday party with his electric guitar and his amazing toys, igniting the imagination of people young and old. The beloved Tchaikovsky score is reimagined in collaboration with renowned rocker Alex Levine, a member of The Gaslight Anthem. The Nutcracker ROCKS is destined to become a Jersey Shore staple for many holidays to come.
visit the Premier Ballet Company of Monmouth County
Like what you see? Please take a moment and share the information about local Arts to your friends!