Our gym in Tinton Falls, New Jersey offers Animal Flow. ‘The Flow’ is the ultimate versatile workout that makes a great addition to any fitness program. Our trainers have studied the practice and have been implementing it into classes for over 4 years in Tinton Falls. Designed to work in a variety of formats, the program is great as a stand-alone workout or as a component of an existing training routine. If you’re confused, think of it as “moving yoga.”
Use one, some, or all of Animal Flow’s six Fundamentals to meet your specific goals. Each component can have a profound impact on your body’s mobility. So, whether you want to limit your chance of injuries, create more joint stability/range of motion or just try something new that is easy on the joints then try Animal Flow!
- Wrist Mobilizations include a range of simple exercises designed to increase the flexibility and strength of your wrists, which is particularly important for anyone who uses their hands for work or sport.
- Activations are static holds that are performed to connect the body before actual movements happen.
- Form Specific Stretches are full body stretches that start in an animal form and then move through a wide range of motion. This increases your mobility and flexibility throughout the entire body.
- Traveling Forms are exercises that mimic the movements of animals. You’ll start with the “ABCs” – Ape, Beast and Crab – to get you going on these full body conditioning moves. The traveling forms are essentially how we move like animals to improve the function of the human animal.
- Switches are dynamic movements that we perform one after the other, creating the “flow” of Animal Flow. You can transfer from one form to another, or repeat the same one as a drill.
- Flow: Your Flow is where the real magic happens. You’ll combine the Animal Flow moves by linking them together in a fluid sequence, seamlessly transferring energy from one move to the next. Flows may be a choreographed sequence practiced over multiple sessions, or may be created freestyle!